We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Team
Uber Labs is a centralized data science team focused on applying theoretical insights and statistical methodologies from behavioral science through partnerships with product, data science, and marketing teams.
About the Role
Uber Labs data scientists form cross-functional partnerships with product, marketing, and data science teams across the business to bring insights and methods from behavioral science to solve some of Uber’s toughest business challenges.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with teams across the company to bring a behavioral science perspective to product and program design, content optimization, and product strategy
- Apply statistical methods from behavioral science (see eng.uber.com/mediation-modeling)
- Conduct efficient literature reviews to identify relevant behavioral science theories and concepts to apply to a problem space
- Design and conduct experiments
What You’ll Need
- PhD in Psychology, Marketing, or other quantitative behavioral science
- Expertise in statistics including power analyses, parametric, and non-parametric tests
- Expertise in experiment design and methods, from A/B tests to quasi-experiments
- Expertise in behavioral science theories and concepts applicable to business and product topics
- Fluency in R or Python
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, including collaboration with product management, engineering, data science, and marketing
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Bonus Points If
- Expertise in additional statistical methods (e.g., Bayesian approaches, dyadic analysis, causal inference approaches, factor analysis, SEM)
- Experience with SQL and Hive
To apply, please go to the following website:
San Francisco role: https://www.uber.com/careers/list/37562/
Amsterdam role: https://www.uber.com/careers/list/39760/