This job listing is not available.
Open Until Filled
Behavioral Scientist for Mobile Innovation
Healthy Minds Innovations
Healthy Minds Innovations, Inc. (HMI) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization affiliated with the Center for Healthy Minds, UW-Madison (CHM). Collectively, our mission is to cultivate well-being and relieve suffering through a scientific understanding of the mind. HMI contributes to this mission through the development and dissemination of tools and services based on scientific evidence. It also supports a social movement strategy aimed at the idea that well-being is a skill that can be learned.
Healthy Minds Innovations is seeking a Ph.D. level scientist. This position will focus on developing and validating mobile measures to investigate skills underlying well-being. This position will support creating mobile measures for large-scale use. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment. This full-time position is an excellent opportunity to gain substantial hands-on experience and training in many aspects of a quickly growing non-profit operation.
• Literature search and synthesis to identify candidate measures
• Adapt and pilot measures as needed to implement on mobile devices
• Generate specs for measures and guide mobile development with tech partners
• Design and analyze studies to assess validity and reliability of measures on mobile
• Maintain documentation related to measures development and validation studies
• Present findings and recommendations to scientist and non-scientist groups
• Support user experience research focused on in-the-world engagement with measures
Skills and Qualifications
• Ph.D. in Psychology, Neuroscience, or a related field
• Topical expertise in well-being, ideally including contemplative science
• Demonstrated ability to complete projects as evidenced by first-author publications
• Skilled at experimental design and measurement of behavior
• Proficiency in psychometrics
• Strong computer, statistical, and technical skills (Matlab, Python, R, or similar platforms)
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Desire to work in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment
• Excited about translating basic research to applied settings
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with qualifications. HMI offers an extensive benefits package.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Healthy Minds Innovations, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications. Please send to Christy Wilson-Mendenhall at firstname.lastname@example.org
Healthy Minds Innovations, Inc.
Healthy Minds Innovations, Inc. (HMI), is dedicated to supporting the mission of the Center for Healthy Minds, UW-Madison to cultivate well-being and relieve suffering through a scientific understanding of the mind.
HMI takes the discoveries and insights gleaned from Center research and transforms them into tools and services – as well as helps manage events and public speaking engagements for the Center.
Ongoing feedback and a wider dissemination of tools will allow for larger data collection, provide refinement, generate ideas for additional research and continually inform the field of the neuroscience of well-being.
625 W Washington Ave
Madison WI, 53703
NOTE: The above information is provided by the employer. The
Society for Personality and Social Psychology, Inc.
does not verify the accuracy of these statements.