Senior Researcher at Mindworks - the cognitive Science Center of Greenpeace
Do you want to apply your knowledge in cognitive science to create a better world? Here is your opportunity to do so! Greenpeace has created a new unit to better utilize the knowledge of cognitive science to change mindsets and behavior. Our aims are to reduce consumerism, build social fabric and provide new ways of defining “well being”. If you strive to build sustainable, equitable and peaceful societies around the world by contributing your knowledge in psychology, behavior economics, social psychology or other related disciplines you are the right candidate to apply for this position.
Your task will be to build relationships with academics and practitioners and provide Greenpeace teams with research insights that can be used to improve project strategies, tactics and tools. You will also help to design campaign projects as internal experiments to ensure learning about how to best change behavior and mindsets.
We are seeking someone with:
- An academic background and/or work experience in at least one relevant area of cognitive science.
- We would be especially interested in a person with experience at analyzing and interpreting big datasets in the area of social psychology or related disciplines, for example psychometrics and natural language analysis of digital media data.
- A passion to create systemic cultural and social change to ensure a sustainable, equitable and peaceful world for future generations.
- The enthusiasm to engage with others working in Greenpeace in different parts of the world to provide cognitive science insights according to their project needs, and to co-create innovative ideas to generate large-scale mindset and behavior changes.
- The skill to conduct desktop and experimental research and to be able to communicate the findings of this research according to the needs of the audience
The position will be based in Taipei, Taiwan. Taiwan ranks number one in the world as the best destination for Expats according to a global survey in 2016. And we fully agree. Its buzzing capital Taipei combines the excitement of Asia and the comfort of Europe; great public transport, and beautiful nature all around it. Within one hour by public transport, you can be in a remote place to hike mountains or trace one of the multiple rivers, swim, snorkel, dive, surf or rock climb the cliffs in Longdong. It is for good reason that Taiwan was formally called Formosa.
To apply for this position, please submit your application containing your CV and a letter of motivation - https://tinyurl.com/y9g2x7kd
The deadline to submit a job application is 10 of June 2018