At LenddoEFL, our vision is to provide life-changing financial products to more than one billion underserved individuals around the world. We believe that financial inclusion isn't simply about access to financial products, but about access to fast, affordable, and convenient financial products. And we believe in empowering people to use their digital profiles and personality traits to increase their financial options.
We offer leading alternative credit scoring, identity verification and insights products to financial institutions in more than 20 emerging markets. To date, LenddoEFL has allowed more than 50 financial institutions to run over 6 million assessments for people with limited information, allowing them to disburse over $2 billion USD in credit. We are already changing the world, but we are just getting started. Will you join us for our next chapter of growth?
LenddoEFL is the result of the merger of Lenddo and EFL. Learn more at Include1Billion.com.
What is the R&D Manager's role?
As R&D Manager, you will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of behavioral and psychometric data collection in the LenddoEFL application, including feature engineering, usability and UX design, and other advancements in LenddoEFL’s use of its proprietary data for prediction purposes. You will manage a small team of specialists – in behavioral science and psychometrics research, quantitative data analysis/programming, and design – driving the next generation of features that advance LenddoEFL’s prediction capabilities. You will also own LenddoEFL’s external research partnerships with leading advisors in the field. These relationships provide a platform for incubating new R&D ideas and translating them into usable modules that generate features that predict credit risk.
Advance the role of applied behavioral science research in LenddoEFL’s product development
- Deepen and initiate relationships with third-party behavioral science and psychometrics researchers.
- Identify, select, and recruit independent consultants for tactical engagements to validate behavioral and psychometric concepts and methodologies.
- Manage ideation, design, and development of field-based validation of new module prototypes; write technical documentation on new modules and features to hand off to Product and Engineering teams. Co-manage new module development timelines with product team leaders.
Manage the R&D Team
- Manage daily tasks, goal setting, performance, and professional development of all members of R&D Team; foster collaborative environment among team members and develop their strengths.
- Work with Chief Analytics Officer and rest of executive leadership team on behavioral science and psychometrics roadmapping/planning and in new module and feature development; own execution of team goals against R&D roadmap.
Lead R&D data analytics
- Design and manage collaboration between members of R&D team to develop and validate predictive features (variables, indices, and traits) in LenddoEFL datasets based on expert knowledge of the behavioral science behind user interactions with LenddoEFL’s modules.
- Design and implement a strategy to make Feature Engineering a repeatable, efficient team function; manage development roadmap of LenddoEFL Score Confidence system to protect data quality via real-time flagging system.
- Prioritize and manage ad-hoc exploratory analyses on new data sets for trends and potential predictive power, in accordance with business objectives and R&D roadmap.
Advance and maintain behavioral module definitions
- Continue to standardize LenddoEFL application design decisions; provide critical input and materials to Global Delivery Team to determine behavioral module design for new and existing partner launches.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication of technical specifications of new behavioral content modules, definition of raw data structure and terminology to Product, Engineering, Global Delivery, and Marketing teams.
Who’s a good fit?
We are looking for a highly motivated person seeking a challenge. Thoughtful and curious, but at the same time responsible and conscious about what he/she is doing, and how his/her work affects others. Be passionate about your work, take responsibility and learn. We work as a team all the time, so being a team player is required. Moreover, emerging markets, our customers, and our business are continuously changing. LenddoEFL has a fast-paced environment, and the right person should be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, statistics, economics, psychology, behavioral science, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing end-to-end research and development processes, preferably in behavioral science and/or predictive analytics.
- Proven experience in data manipulation. Some level of expertise in a statistical package such as R (desired), SAS, Octave, NumPy, Modelbuilder, SPSS, Matlab, Stata, etc.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills. You will need to interact well with many EFL stakeholders, at all levels of the organization.
- Masters or PhD research and coursework, or equivalent work experience, in a relevant area of study (economics, psychology, behavioral science, judgment and decision making, etc.).
- Team and people management experience.
- Demonstrated experience or interest in UI/UX and interaction design, and an appreciation of the range of usability challenges faced by individuals in emerging markets.
- Passionate about the positive impact that EFL can have in the lives of entrepreneurs and consumers in emerging markets.