The Mind and Identity in Context Lab (https://www.mindandidentityincontext.com/) at Indiana University (directed by Dr. Mary Murphy) is seeking applicants for a full-time paid lab manager position. The lab manager will gain deep knowledge and experience with the research process by overseeing the implementation of lab and field studies, supervising research assistants, and handling lab communications.
This appointment will be begin June 1, 2021 (start date is negotiable) and applicants should expect to commit at least 2 years to the position. The successful candidate will work closely and collaborate with the PI, postdoctoral researchers, graduate students, and undergraduate RAs in the lab. Other duties include hiring and training undergraduate research assistants, managing the scheduling of both research assistants and paid participants, purchasing and maintaining lab supplies and equipment, helping with IRB protocol submissions, overseeing the department-wide pretest survey, initiating internal communications with university staff, and managing lab grants.
Candidates with the following credentials and experiences are encouraged to apply:
- At least a B.A. or B.S. degree in psychology or a related field
- Previous research experience as a research assistant, lab manager, or similar leadership positions
- Previous experience with project and personnel management
- Strong detail orientation
- Computer proficiency and comfort with Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge and interest in social psychology
A complete application will include the following components:
- Cover Letter detailing the applicant’s relevant experiences and interests in working in this lab
- Resume or CV
- 2 Letters of recommendation that can speak to the applicant’s research and/or management experiences
Complete applications should be emailed to:
Dr. Mary Murphy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Letters of recommendation can be e-mailed separately by the recommenders. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the positions are filled and application review will start April 15, 2021.