About Happify Health
Happify Health is a world leader in the development and delivery of digital mental health solutions, including digital therapeutics. Our platform has been made accessible to over 10 million people and is used by millions.
We are scientists, researchers, health care clinicians, and digital gaming experts passionate about bringing our unique expertise and areas of knowledge together to think differently and to create new highly effective approaches to mental health, making them accessible through technology.
Working closely with health plans, pharmaceutical companies, and self-insured employers, Happify Health uses evidence-based science such as CBT, positive psychology, and mindfulness and combines it with leading-edge, engaging technology to help individuals improve their mental health and wellbeing so they can live life more fully.
About the Role
Happify Health is hiring an early- or mid-career Research Associate (rank + salary based on experience) with a specialty in academic writing. Research Associates at Happify are well-rounded Ph.D.-level researchers with broad knowledge of different types of research methodologies, statistical approaches, and writing styles. They identify areas of new competence they wish to pursue and are actively working to grow in those new directions.
This particular Research Associate position is expected to specialize in writing, especially the production of peer-reviewed research papers. The Associate will be primarily responsible for crafting the narrative and writing the prose for the Introduction and Discussion sections of papers, while fellow team members provide the Methods/Results details. They will also be expected to generate new ideas for studies and data analyses that will eventually lead to more papers. This will likely include networking with researchers and generating new research collaborations at conferences or other events. Applicants’ familiarity with different research approaches should be evident in their demonstrated record of successful peer-reviewed publication.
This job reports directly to the Chief Scientist. The position is full-time with benefits (including funding for professional development), and could be based in Burlington, MA, or fully remote. Applicants should only apply if they are seeking a commitment of 2+ years.
- PhD in psychology or related field with experience in a variety of research methods and analytical techniques
- Experience in research using technology for behavior change highly desirable
- 2+ years postdoctoral experience preferred, but exceptions will be considered with strong record of frequent publication and clear interest in a career in industry.
- Statistical expertise not currently represented in our department (e.g. topics analysis, observational/non randomized intervention analysis, missing data, qualitative analysis, etc.)
- Familiarity with search databases such as PsycInfo and Google Scholar
- Proficiency with scientific writing, including familiarity with APA and AMA citation styles
- Strong project management skills – this position involves managing multiple project contributors
- Ability to write for a variety of audiences, both general and technical
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to pick up new research-related skills quickly (e.g., using mTurk or SurveyMonkey, interacting with the web-based Happify admin tools).
- Work with team members to develop ideas for manuscripts using existing data or design new studies for data collection
- Conduct and synthesize information from literature reviews, with support from Research Assistants
- Draft and submit manuscripts for peer-review; handle revise-resubmit requests as necessary
- Perform research support tasks on the team as needed
Happify Health is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment.