ASU West Campus
Tenured, Full Professor
The School of Social and Behavioral Sciences (SSBS) in the New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences at Arizona State University (ASU) invites applications for a School Director. We are seeking exceptional senior candidates for appointment at the rank of Full Professor. This is an opportunity to take a leadership role in a rapidly growing, socially embedded, innovative School in a nationally and globally engaged R1 research institution. The candidate must be eager to advance ASU’s charter and its commitment to inclusion [https://www.asu.edu/about/charter-mission].
The successful applicant will be expected to provide administrative vision, leadership, and management for the School; to contribute to and foster the School’s interdisciplinary teaching and research missions; to engage in research and teaching that complement and strengthen current offerings and emphases in SSBS; to engage undergraduate and graduate students both in teaching and research; and, to coordinate efforts to build on our successful record of acquiring research funding that draws upon the diverse expertise and methodologies of SSBS faculty and strengthens existing and developing initiatives.
The School of Social and Behavioral Sciences is one of four schools within ASU’s New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences. More information about the School can be found at https://newcollege.asu.edu/ssbs and more information about the New College can be found at https://newcollege.asu.edu.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Provide administrative vision, leadership, and management for the School
- Foster and contribute to innovation and collaboration in teaching, research, and service that advances the ASU charter
- Foster and contribute to interdisciplinary, transdisciplinary, and multidisciplinary research and teaching
- Foster inclusion at the student, faculty, and staff levels and across all aspects of the School's operations
- Engage in research and teaching that complement and strengthen current and emerging offerings and emphases in SSBS
- PhD in a social or behavioral science or related interdisciplinary field, which may include Anthropology, Communication, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, or similar
- An excellent research record warranting appointment as a Full Professor with Tenure at ASU
- Evidence of academic leadership in a department, school, college, or university setting
The initial application deadline is November 26, 2023 at 11:59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time. Additional details about the position and application process can be found at: http://apply.interfolio.com/134124.